(TheConservativeTimes.org) – Country music star Morgan Wallen can return to the stage after recovering from an injury to his vocal cords.
In April, Wallen abruptly canceled a scheduled show at the University of Mississippi after he started to lose his voice. Wallen said in a statement that he had spoken with his doctor and was “working through my vocal exercises” to improve the situation, but his voice was “shot,” and he was “unable to sing.”
In a video posted on Twitter last month, Wallen said his doctors at the Vanderbilt Voice Center “scoped” his throat and found that he reinjured his vocal cords after a weekend of performances in Florida. The doctors diagnosed the singer with “vocal fold trauma” and suggested he take six weeks off to rest his voice.
His doctor-recommended rest meant that Wallen could not appear at the Academy of Country Music Awards on May 8, where he was nominated for four awards, including Male Artist of the Year, which he won. Wallen also had to reschedule his festival appearances to next year.
But in a post on Instagram this week, Wallen told his fans that he has been “cleared” by his doctor “to talk and sing.”
While the singer hasn’t announced details of his upcoming shows, according to his website, his “One Night At A Time” tour is scheduled to resume on June 22 at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Wallen, currently the world’s top-drawing country music star, is no stranger to controversies. In 2021, the singer was captured on video yelling profanities, including a racial slur, outside of a home in Nashville.
While he apologized for the incident at the time, Wallen was indefinitely suspended from his label, and all of his music was pulled from streaming services and radio stations.
Copyright 2023, TheConservativeTimes.org